Mission of Velocity: Velocity is Seattle’s premier art center dedicated to contemporary dance and performance. Velocity advances contemporary dance and movement-based art by fostering the creative explorations of artists and audiences through an invested commitment to education, creation, performance, inquiry, community participation, and inter/national exchange.
Background: Velocity is Seattle’s premier art center dedicated to contemporary dance and performance. Its mission is to advance contemporary dance and movement-based art by fostering the creative explorations of artists and audiences through an invested commitment to education, creation, performance, inquiry, community participation and inter/national exchange.
Reports to: Velocity’s Communications Coordinator
Position description: The Design Intern will assist the Communications Coordinator and staff with the designing and distributing Velocity printed collateral and with updating the Velocity website.
Hours: 8-10 hours per week. Flexible schedule, but must meet established guidelines.
Compensation: Position is unpaid, but the intern will be entitled to unlimited classes at the rate of $5/class and discounted rehearsal space at Velocity.
- Academic Credit: Contact your university for this information. Velocity will fill out any necessary forms for the completion of credit.
- Great resume builder
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate graphic design strategies with Velocity’s communications goals
- Assist with content and community engagement for Velocity’s online journal of choreographic culture, STANCE
- Aid in distributing promotional materials
- Archive press articles + Velocity collateral
- Work with Velocity staff to help plan and implement exciting community engagement activities
- Assist with updating content for Velocity’s website
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, In Design and Illustrator
- Strong design eye and attention to detail
- Strong organizational, writing, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and stay focused + comfortable working independently
- Knowledge of the dance community
- Proficiency with WordPress, Microsoft Word and Excel
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Britt Karhoff c/o firstname.lastname@example.org along with samples of recent design work. Position open until filled.
402 total views, 1 views today