// ADMINISTRATIVE INTERNSHip //
Background: Velocity is Seattle’s premier art center dedicated to contemporary dance and performance. Its mission is to advance contemporary dance and movement-based art by fostering the creative explorations of artists and audiences through an invested commitment to education, creation, performance, inquiry, community participation and inter/national exchange.
Reports to: Producing Director
Position description: The Administrative Intern work directly with the Producing Director to help ensure smooth day-to-day organizational operations.
Hours: 10-15 hours per week. Flexible schedule, but must meet established guidelines.
Compensation: Position is unpaid, but will be entitled to unlimited classes at the rate of $5/class and discounted rehearsal space at Velocity.
- Academic Credit: Contact your university for this information. Velocity will fill out any necessary forms for the completion of credit.
- Great resume builder
- Inside look at and active involvement in running an arts non-profit organization
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing Velocity’s Info @ email account
- Acting as a front line of communication for new patrons
- Working in Velocity’s MindBody Online Space Rental Calendar
- Data Entry
- Class Tracking
- General Office Support
- Ability to multitask
- Strong organizational, writing, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of the dance community is a plus
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Stefanie Karlin, c/o Stefanie@velocitydancecenter.org. Position open until filled.
576 total views, 1 views today