Background: Velocity is Seattle’s premier art center dedicated to contemporary dance and performance. Velocity advances contemporary dance and movement-based art by fostering the creative explorations of artists and audiences through an invested commitment to education, creation, performance, inquiry, community participation, and inter/national exchange.
Reports to: Technical Director/Operations Manager
Position description: The Tech Intern will assist staff with technical aspects of productions, learn basics of lights and sound, be on crew during Velocity produced shows.
Hours: Flexible schedule, but must meet established guidelines. Internship hours will be completed primarily on weekends during show + production times. Applicant must have a flexible schedule for Thursday-Sunday evenings.
Compensation: Position is unpaid. Intern will receive unlimited dance classes at the rate of $5/class and studio rental at the rate of $7/hr.
Term of Position
This is appointment starts October 13, 2014. (These dates are semi-negotiable). It can be renewed based on mutual agreement. The Intern is responsible for tracking their hours and e-mailing a monthly total to Helen at email@example.com. The Intern may resign from post with 15 days notice. Position open until filled.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with Velocity staff to keep facilities organized and maintained
- Work with Technical Director to ensure tech booth organization is maximized
- Attend production meetings regarding Velocity produced shows
- Assist on Velocity produced shows as Stage Hand
- Assist with other Velocity events and shows as needed
- Prepare informal weekly reports and maintain regular contact with Technical Director.
The intern acknowledges that, in the course of working with Velocity, s/he may have access to and be entrusted with confidential information concerning the present and contemplated financial status and activities of Velocity as well as constituent information. Please maintain the confidentiality of this information during and after your internship.
How to apply:
Please submit via email by 5pm PST October 10, 2014 to Erin McCarthy — Office + Operations Manger at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.
1) One Page Resume as a PDF, with the file saved as LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_
2) Cover Letter in the body of the email addressing the following:
a. Why you are interested in the Velocity Tech Internship?
b. What are your goals and expectations for the Internship?
c. What skills you believe would be an asset to our organization?
3) Include any support materials you believe to be relevant to your application.
477 total views, 1 views today