// VELOCITY BOARD INTERNSHIP //
Background: Velocity is Seattle’s premier art center dedicated to contemporary dance and performance. Its mission is to advance contemporary dance and movement-based art by fostering the creative explorations of artists and audiences through an invested commitment to education, creation, performance, inquiry, community participation and inter/national exchange.
Reports to: Velocity’s Managing Director and Board President
Position description: The Board Intern will have the unique opportunity to work directly alongside Velocity’s stellar Board of Directors assisting with intra-board communications via Wiggio and e-mail, meeting and event preparation (including an annual, day-long board retreat), and any other related tasks required by the Board of Directors.
Hours: 8–10 hours per week. Flexible schedule, but must meet established guidelines.
Compensation: Position is unpaid, but the intern will be entitled to unlimited classes at the rate of $5/class and discounted rehearsal space at Velocity.
- Academic Credit: Contact your university for this information. Velocity will fill out any necessary forms for the completion of credit.
- Great resume builder
- Inside look at and active involvement in running a non-profit, arts organization Board of Directors.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Communicate with Board President, committee chairs, and Velocity Managing Director to set up agendas and other materials for board/committee meetings
- Assist with setting up board/committee meetings as needed.
- Assist the Board President and Velocity executive staff with administrative tasks as needed.
- Help set up and attend annual board retreat in October.
- Create a Board/Staff Calendar
- Ability to multitask
- Strong organizational, writing, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working independently as well as with others
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Interest in and ability to quickly learn Wiggio, which is used for board communications.
- Interest in non-profit administration
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Linda Bowers, c/o firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.
538 total views, 1 views today