Background: Velocity is Seattle’s premier art center dedicated to contemporary dance and performance. Its mission is to advance contemporary dance and movement-based art by fostering the creative explorations of artists and audiences through an invested commitment to education, creation, performance, inquiry, community participation and inter/national exchange.
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy
Position description: The Development Intern works directly with the Director of Philanthropy to help ensure smooth day-to-day organizational fundraising operations.
Hours: 10-15 hours per week. Flexible schedule, but must meet established guidelines.
Compensation: Position is unpaid, but will be entitled to unlimited classes at the rate of $5/class and discounted rehearsal space at Velocity.
- Academic Credit: Contact your university for this information. Velocity will fill out any necessary forms for the completion of credit.
- Great resume builder.
- Inside look at and active involvement in running an arts non-profit organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring donors are acknowledged in timely manner.
- Donor/funder data maintained in database (PatronManager/SalesForce).
- Assist in maintaining grants schedule and preparing submissions.
- Assist with event procurement and tracking event timelines.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong organizational, writing, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working independently.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of the dance community is a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain donor/funder discretion.
- Interest in gaining experience in fundraising activities.
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Stefanie Karlin, c/o Stefanie@velocitydancecenter.org. Position open until filled.
497 total views, 1 views today