GRANTS FOCUSED INTERNSHIP
Mission of Velocity: Velocity is Seattle’s premier art center dedicated to contemporary dance and performance. Velocity advances contemporary dance and movement-based art by fostering the creative explorations of artists and audiences through an invested commitment to education, creation, performance, inquiry, community participation, and inter/national exchange.
Background: Velocity is Seattle’s premier art center dedicated to contemporary dance and performance. Its mission is to advance contemporary dance and movement-based art by fostering the creative explorations of artists and audiences through an invested commitment to education, creation, performance, inquiry, community participation and inter/national exchange.
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy, Office + Operations Mananger
Position description: The Development Intern works directly with the Director of Philanthropy to help ensure smooth day-to-day organizational fundraising operations.
Term of Position: This is appointment starts May 15, 2014 and ends September 31, 2014. (These dates are semi-negotiable). It can be renewed based on mutual agreement. The Intern will submit weekly hourly reports to the Operations Manager. The Intern may resign from post with 15 days notice.
Hours: 10-15 hours per week. Flexible schedule, but must meet established guidelines.
Compensation: Position is unpaid, but will be entitled to unlimited classes at the rate of $5/class and discounted rehearsal space at Velocity.
- Academic Credit: Contact your university for this information. Velocity will fill out any necessary forms for the completion of credit.
- Great resume builder.
- Inside look at and active involvement in running an arts non-profit organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure corporate/government/foundation funders are acknowledged in timely manner.
- Donor/funder data maintained in database (PatronManager/SalesForce).
- Assist in maintaining grants schedule and preparing submissions.
- Assist in misc. administrative tasks during heavy fundraising deadlines i.e. End-of Year (EOY) mailing, BASH event details, cultivation/stewardship events, etc.
- Assist with representing Velocity to students, patrons, and donors as needed in office.
- Support organizational culture to include a ‘Culture of Philanthropy’.
- Ability to multitask
- Fine attention to detail
- Strong organizational, writing, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to balance working independently while simultaneously collaborating with a team.
- Proficiency with Apple computers and OS systems, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Understanding of PatronManager a plus.
- Strong passion for dance, dance performance and the Seattle dance community.
- Ability to maintain donor/funder discretion.
- Interest in gaining experience in fundraising activities.
How to apply:
Please submit via email by 5pm PST May 10, 2014 to Erin McCarthy — Office + Operations Manger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Cover Letter in the body of the email addressing the following:
a. Why you are interested in the Velocity Development Internship?
b. What are your goals and expectations for the Internship?
c. What skills you believe would be an asset to our organization.
2) One Page Resume as a PDF.
3) Include any support materials you believe to be relevant to your application
449 total views, 1 views today