// OFFICE + OPERATIONS INTERNSHIP //
Background: Velocity is Seattle’s premier art center dedicated to contemporary dance and performance. Its mission is to advance contemporary dance and movement-based art by fostering the creative explorations of artists and audiences through an invested commitment to education, creation, performance, inquiry, community participation and inter/national exchange.
Reports to: Office + Operations Manager
Position description: The Office + Operations Intern will work directly alongside the team at Velocity. S/he will work to help maintain smooth flow of general operations of Velocity, facilitate organization of Velocity’s offices and studios, and assist in production needs for Velocity shows.
Hours: 10-15 hours per week. Flexible schedule, but must meet established guidelines.
Compensation: Position is unpaid. Intern will receive unlimited dance classes at the rate of $5/class and studio rental at the rate of $7/hr.
Term of Position: This is appointment starts February 10th, 2014 and ends May 30th, 2014 (These dates are semi-negotiable). It can be renewed based on mutual agreement. The Intern is responsible for tracking their hours and e-mailing a monthly total to Britta at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Intern may resign from post with 15 days notice.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide consistent high quality customer service to Velocity Patrons, being a friendly and welcoming presence to our organization, being the ‘Face of Velocity’.
- Answer Velocity’s phone, help Velocity patrons with needs (ticket sales, class schedule, studio rentals etc.)
- Check Velocity voicemails, return phone calls and take messages for Velocity Team Members when necessary
- Take payments from Velocity Patrons: class cards, ticket sales, etc.
- Check in Velocity 50/50 Classes, make general announcements to students
- Stay in close contact with Operations Manager about weekly needs, projects, goals and ideas.
- Assist in maintaining the organization of Velocity’s closets and storage spaces
- Assist in maintaining the organization of Velocity’s office including filing, office supplies, data and other materials.
- Assist with Velocity team members with ongoing streamlining projects.
- Assist Velocity team in production needs including laying marley, ushering, bartending etc. for both Velocity produced shows and Access Velocity.
Reporting: Prepare informal weekly reports and maintain regular contact with Office + Operations Manager.
Confidentiality: The intern acknowledges that, in the course of working with Velocity, s/he may have access to and be entrusted with confidential information concerning the present and contemplated financial status and activities of Velocity as well as constituent information. Please maintain the confidentiality of this information during and after your internship.
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Office + Operations Manager Britta Peterson, c/o email@example.com. Position open until filled.
458 total views, 1 views today