Background: Velocity is Seattle’s premier art center dedicated to contemporary dance and performance. Its mission is to advance contemporary dance and movement-based art by fostering the creative explorations of artists and audiences through an invested commitment to education, creation, performance, inquiry, community participation and inter/national exchange.
Reports to: Programming Coordinator
Position description: The Programs Intern assists the Coordinator in preparation for and execution of all Velocity programs.
Hours: 10-15 hours per week. Flexible schedule, but must meet established guidelines.
- Position is unpaid, but will be entitled to unlimited classes at the rate of $5/class and discounted rehearsal space at Velocity.
- Academic Credit: Contact your university for this information. Velocity will fill out any necessary forms for the completion of credit
- Great resume builder
- Inside look at and active involvement in producing programs
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the planning, implementation, tracking of Velocity Ongoing Classes, Master Classes, Workshops and artistic programs
- Communicate with artists, teaching artists and students about programs
- Participate in other miscellaneous education activities
- Ability to multitask
- Strong organizational, writing, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working independently
- Basic knowledge with InDesign and WordPress
- Knowledge of the dance community is a plus
How to apply: Please submit via email by January 2, 2015 to Erin McCarthy — Office + Operations Manger at Erin@velocitydancecenter.org.
- Cover Letter in the body of the email addressing the following:
Why you are interested in the Velocity Programs Internship? / What are your goals and expectations for the Internship? / What skills you believe would be an asset to our organization.
- One Page Resume as a PDF.
- Include any support materials you believe to be relevant to your application.
574 total views, 1 views today