Practice, sweat, repeat. Whatever you need to rehearse, we’ve got clean, affordable, and accessible studios for you.
Velocity has three studios: Founders, Kawasaki, and Steward. You can rent any of our studios 9AM-9PM, seven days a week at a subsidized rate of $11/hr. Contact our Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for accessibility needs and booking space before 9 AM or after 9 PM.
RENT For EVENTS
PERFORMANCES + FASHION SHOWS + PARTIES + FUNDRAISERS + SOCIAL DANCES + CONCERTS
MEETINGS + FILM SCREENINGS + INSTALLATIONS + PRESS CONFERENCES
VIDEO/PHOTO SHOOTS + PUBLIC FORUMS + WEDDINGS
Experience your event in Seattle’s premier space for contemporary dance and movement.
EXPLORE VELOCITY SPACES
OUR SPACES CAN BE CATALYSTS FOR: PERFORMANCES + FASHION SHOWS + PARTIES + FUNDRAISERS + SOCIAL DANCES + CONCERTS + MEETINGS + FILM SCREENINGS + INSTALLATIONS + PRESS CONFERENCES + VIDEO/PHOTO SHOOTS + PUBLIC FORUMS + WEDDINGS + YOUR NEXT BIG IDEA
Velocity is an urban loft-inspired space that blends industrial chic with warm traditional accents. Blanketed with beautiful maple flooring and crowned with skylights, it features handsome exposed-brick walls that can magically transform with white or black floor-to-ceiling curtains. The West side of the space features a lounge area with a mirror-backed bar and soft seating; the perfect place for a cocktail hour.
Contact our Operations Manager at email@example.com for accessibility needs and booking space before 9 AM or after 9 PM.
35′ x 35′ | 1,225 sq. ft., mirrors, large windows, skylights + a sprung floor. View details & specs
Let's Go On Tour
Take a virtual tour of all of our spaces (Founders, Kawasaki, & Steward are all connected) via Google 360°.
About our space
We offer movement artists beautiful, clean, and low cost rehearsal and performance space. Our facilities house our annual presenting programs including ongoing classes and training, as well as self-produced performances and rehearsals by numerous local dance companies and choreographers. Our studios and theater are available to rent for rehearsals, workshops and performances and for weddings, receptions, and other community events.
House MGMT. + TECH. DIRECTOR
We have both
We require all rentals to have house management and a technical director. Luckily, we provide house management & technical direction for all rentals!
Our house managers help you set up our risers and chairs, stock and staff the bar, manage your front-of-house and take care of the line at the door. They act as your ambassadors to our space and are trained to help make your experience as a producer stress-free!
Our Technical Director is your key to realizing your vision for our space. The Technical Director assists you in designing customized lighting, utilizing our sound equipment and navigating all other technical needs to make your production dreams a reality.
Our T & C
good-to-know Terms & Conditions
- All rentals must be approved and paid in advance. Payments are processed upon booking.
- To move or reschedule your rehearsal, please do so online. To do this, you must book the same amount of time, in the same space as your original booking, on the new day that you prefer.
- Teaching and accepting payments during your rental is prohibited, unless previous approval has been given by Velocity.
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the building, and within 10 feet of the outside of the building.
- Live music must be approved by management at the time of rental.
- Pianos may not be moved, except with prior arrangement.
- Studios should be equipped with CD players and iPod hook-ups, but we recommend bringing your own iPod cord as they often go missing.
- The following items are not allowed at Velocity: Street shoes (please bring clean shoes with non-marking soles when needed), tap shoes and tap dancing, high heeled shoes, rosin, feathers or boas, glitter, fire.