Spring 2024 Season
This spring, we invite you to join us for a season infused with the alchemy of experimental dance. The season features artists who – driven by curiosity, research, and boldness – meddle with the forces of transformation, creation, and fusion until something entirely new and unique is formed.
We will begin by channeling the energy of the new year in Bridge Project, our residency for choreographers poised to become future mainstays of the dance world. At the beginning of March, The Seattle Project will meld the lineages of our local dance community with their own. In late March, Pittsburgh’s slowdanger will stir the elements of movement, scenic, and projection design to bring a dash of hope in the face of the impending climate crisis. Finishing our season in May, Lavinia Vago will invite us to a very special place to witness her summon the demons of the underground.
Looking to experience transformation? Subscribe to our season, and turn your rainy, spring nights into gold.
Bridge Project 2024
Featuring Tariq Mitri, Hsin-Yu Huang & Sonam Tshedzom Tingkhye
Every year, we begin the year with a celebration for the new, with the Bridge Project, our program for emerging Seattle dance-makers. Bridge Project is a chance for audiences to get in at the ground floor of an artist’s career – this year features the work of Tariq Mitri, Hsin-Yu Huang & Sonam Tshedzom TingkhyeFeaturing Tariq Mitri, Hsin-Yu Huang & Sonam Tshedzom Tingkhye
By The Seattle Project
here because is a multidisciplinary, full-length performance work that highlights some of Seattle’s up and coming artists and those who’ve paved the way. We are here because of the many individuals that created the framework for the Seattle dance community to become what it is today.
SUPERCELL responds to climate consciousness, media sensationalism, desensitization and environmental collapse within a cataclysmic climate event, sparking the question; how do we cultivate hope during continually uncertain times?
By Lavinia Vago
From a never-ending research journey of devotion to dance, a performance is birthed.
FKK explores the demons of the underground and the resilience of the body.
As this piece is derived from rave culture, the final dates and special location will be revealed overtime.
Velocity’s Spring 2024 Season is co-curated by Velocity’s recent Curating Artist in Residence, Alyza DelPan-Monley, our Creative Producer, Shane Donohue, and our Executive Director, Erin Johnson.
Our Spring 2024 Season imagery was created by local artist Jordan Kump.
Velocity is offering subscriptions to our Spring 2024 season of four performances, as well as individual tickets to all performances and events. All of our tickets are sold at tiered pricing described below. We invite you to self-select the tier that best fits your situation and needs.
This structure is inspired by Alexis J. Cunningfolk’s green bottle pricing structure. Click here to learn more.
Subscriptions to Velocity’s Spring 2024 Season are available thru February!
CHAMPION | $50
This tier represents the true cost of a ticket to our performances. This tier is for if you are secure in your finances, own your home and car, and can generally purchase your “wants” while regularly meeting all of your basic needs. By selecting this price, you are investing in our community, and affirming the value of live performance and dance.
SUPPORTER | $30
This tier is our “general” ticket price, and it is partially subsidized to increase access to our performances. Choose this level if you have access to steady income and generally have some expendable income after meeting your basic needs. This price sustains our work.
This is a subscription-only tier. Velocity centers the needs of movement-based artists in Seattle, and this subscription represents our commitment to affordable access to our performances for artists. This subscription is a way for artists to commit to the practice of seeing work, and a way for artists to support Velocity.
LOW INCOME | $20
This tier is our most accessible ticket price, especially when purchased as a subscription. Choose this level if you often struggle to meet your basic needs, are under or unemployed, and have low- to no savings. For people for whom this price is even too high, we do have a volunteer program to see performances at no cost in exchange for your help.
HOW TO BUY A SUBSCRIPTION
- Click the “Subscribe” button above or click here to purchase your subscription.
- Select which sliding scale subscription tier is right for you. To learn more about the subscription tiers, click here.
- Click “Next.”
- Now select the number of people you’re buying subscriptions for. You can write in the number or click on the box with “0” and use the arrows in the right corner to increase or decrease the number of subscribers.
- Now you are going to select the dates you’d like to see each of the five performances. We understand plans can change, so you will be able to exchange your tickets for a different date at no charge. To learn more about ticket exchanges, click here.
- Click on the name of the event to see the available dates, or click on “Expand All” to see available dates for all five performances.
- Select only one date for each show. The selected date will become highlighted in green, and added to the cart on the right side of the screen.
- Once you have selected a date for each of the shows, click “Buy.”
- You will now be able to see the subtotal charge, including the ticket fees. Click “Next.”
- You will now be propted to put in a Discount code, if you have one. If you don’t, click “Next.”
- Fill in your contact information. You also have the option to opt into our mailing list. If you wish to do that, check the box next to “Email Opt In.” You can also add a tax deductible donation to Velocity at the bottom of the screen.
- When you have completed all fields, click “Next.”
- Type in your credit/debit card information.
- When you are done, click “Submit” and you will receive a confirmation email with your subscription information.
If you have questions or issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for becoming a subscriber!
WHEN DO INDIVIDUAL TICKETS GO ONSALE?
Individual tickets for shows go on sale 6 weeks prior to the opening date.
Follow us on Instagram or join our newsletter for the most up-to-date information about tickets!
HOW TO BUY TICKETS
Tickets are sold through Velocity’s website until 4pm, when the online box office closes. The physical box office will open 1 hr before the show, and remaining tickets can be purchased at the door. In some cases door prices may be higher than online prices, which will be stated on the webpage.
Artists, programs, casts, dates and prices are subject to change. There are no refunds. Please contact email@example.com for all ticket-related questions.
Ticket exchanges may be processed at no charge for a different date of the same production, or in some cases to a different production. Select events or promotions may not be eligible for exchange. To exchange tickets, please contact the Box Office at least 24 hours before the original performance date. Please note that all exchanges are subject to availability.
LATE SEATING + TICKET RELEASES
Any tickets that are not claimed at the scheduled start time of the show will be released to the wait list. Late seating is dependent on the show.
In the event of a sold-out performance, we will take a waiting list when the box office opens 1 hour prior to show time. Names may be placed on the list in person. Available seats will be called no more than 15 minutes prior to curtain.
If Velocity cancels a performance, we will provide ticket-holders with the option to refund or exchange your tickets.